Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions: InterCity Group (NZ) Trading as Hauraki Blue Cruises
- Pricing and full terms and conditions valid until superseded.
- Single, Twin, Double and Triple occupancy available. Maximum occupancy is limited to three persons per cabin. For sole occupancy of a cabin, a single person rate will apply.
- All pricing is in New Zealand Dollars and includes GST at 15%. Prices are subject to change without notice. Due to exchange rate fluctuations, at times there may be some variance in the amount refunded compared to the initial amounts charged. Hauraki Blue Cruises does not accept any liability for these variances or any subsequent credit card / bank charges relating to these transfers to customers' accounts.
- Suitable for all ages.
A) Infants (0-24 months) - $20 (incl GST) fee for a porta cot, otherwise child rates apply.
B) Child rates apply for 2-14 years old inclusive.
C) At least one passenger per booking must be aged 18 years or older.
D) A limited number of rollaway beds and porta cots are available.
- Dietary Requirements: Crew can cater for the majority of dietary requirements; however, advance notice must be given at the time of booking.
- Disabilities: Passengers restricted to a wheelchair are welcome if they are independently mobile; i.e. have their own helpers to manage stairs and sea sills (door frames).
- Smoking on the vessel is limited to the mid deck stern (rear of vessel) only.
- Cabin Allocations: All cabins are identical on both decks. Cabins will be allocated on a run-of the vessel basis at the discretion of the Cruise Coordinator.
- Minimum numbers apply.
- All agreements and contracts are subject solely to New Zealand law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
- Hauraki Blue Cruises reserves the right to amend timetables, cancel departures, substitute plant and equipment and alter ticket prices at any time. Departures and itineraries are subject to weather conditions. Due to the uncertainty of fuel prices, Hauraki Blue Cruises reserves the right to add a fuel surcharge.
- To the extent permitted by law, all our liability for damage to your property, disruption to travel plans, or mental injury is excluded. This exclusion is subject to any rights and remedies you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
- Where another company or persons operate part of the tour or cruise, Hauraki Blue Cruises is acting only as Sale Agent. Responsibility and liability for the operation lies with the operator.
- Hauraki Blue Cruises accepts no responsibility if activity inclusions are not available due to weather and no refund will be due.
- Limited luggage storage facilities exist on board. Please only take hand luggage on board your overnight cruise. We recommend you bring non-slip footwear, a warm/waterproof jacket, fleece or jersey, change of clothes, sunscreen and sunglasses, insect repellent, swimwear (optional), camera, cash for bar and snacks.
- Drones are not permitted to be flown from the vessel. If you intend to bring a drone on board you must: (i) Store and charge batteries in a fireproof lipo bag whilst the drone is onboard the vessel (ii) Ensure that use of the drone is in line with council bylaws, CAA regulations and any other relevant rules or regulations. (iii) Craft must stay at least 50m from the vessel at all times.
- Participating in any of our onboard activities can be a strenuous physical activity. This may increase the health and safety risk for persons suffering from medical condition(s) – for example stress from sudden exposure to cold water, panic or strenuous activity can aggravate some medical conditions, and certain medical conditions such as heart disease may result in cardiac arrest. Any medical conditions that may affect your swimming ability must be recorded with the master of the vessel prior to start the activity.
- Hauraki Blue Cruises observes Host responsibility as per the Sale of Liquor Act and reserves the right to water taxi guests off the vessel or return the vessel to its berth due to intoxication. The bar will be closed at 12:00am latest, or earlier at the duty manager's discretion. Please note BYO is not available.
- Queries in relation to these terms and conditions can be directed to Hauraki Blue Cruises via email@example.com or to InterCity Group, Level 2, Building C, The Millennium Centre, 602 Great South Road, Greenlane, Auckland.
Payment Terms / Cancellation Policy
- Your acceptance of the terms and conditions outlined above is required to process your reservation. Please ensure you have read and accept these terms and conditions.
- To make a reservation we require your credit card details and payment in full is required to secure a booking.
- Payment via this website will show as InterCity T/A Hauraki Blue on your credit card statement.
- Group Bookings: A 20% non refundable deposit is required for group cabins at the time of booking.. Reconfirmation and draft rooming list required 60 days prior to departure. Full payment and rooming list required 30 days prior to departure.
- Cancellations: All cancellations must be received in writing. Cancellation fees are charged on the following basis:
Outside 30 days prior to departure: no charge
29-10 days prior to departure: 50% of full fare
Within 10 days of departure: 100% of full fare
- Amendments: Bookings can be amended prior to midday on the day before travel, subject to availability of the alternative cruise. If the amended booking is higher value the difference will be charged. If the amended booking is a lower value, the difference will be refunded subject to the cancellation fee dates above.
- Once the cruise has departed as scheduled no portion of the payment is refundable in the event of the individual or group failing to join the scheduled departure.
- Cancellation fees are non negotiable – we strongly recommend travel insurance.
- Should Hauraki Blue Cruises cancel a cruise due to weather, failure to reach minimum numbers or mechanical failure, a full refund will be made.
- Force Majeure – no refund